On 9th April 2013, a workshop called “The Arab World and Business Opportunities” took place under the auspices of Ivo Grüner, Deputy Governor of the Pilsen Region. TIP Secretary-General Pavel Duchek also participated in this workshop.
Ambassador of the Kingdom of Morocco in the Czech Republic, Her Excellency Souriya Otmani talked about this region.
Today’s Morocco is a country of investment opportunities, particularly for the following reasons:
- proximity of Europe and the Arab world
- rich natural resources (cobalt, nickel, aluminium)
- human resources potential leaning on peoples’ experience
- political stability
- democratization process and active policy
- market economy with a strong domestic demand
- substantial public investments
- liberalization policy
- modernization of the infrastructure and administration
- strong social policy
- advantage of low wages and transportation cost
- language skills of the people
Morocco is sometimes called the “Business Gateway”. Investment promotion is secured by the Morocco Agency for Investment. Morocco is a member of the WTO.
Strategic investment sectors: agriculture, fishery, food industry, mining industry, automotive, telecommunications, tourism, electronics, etc.
Investment references: Sumimoto, KAZAKY, Renault, BOMBARDIER, and others.
Main investment streams: USA, India, China, South Korea
The current situation in Algeria is characterized by the following trends:
- liberalization and restoration of a political system leading to stability
- national debt reduction
- massive foreign investments (about 100 million USD / year), substantial public investment
- infrastructure development and general housing development
- preparation of investment promotion programmes (photovoltaics, gas mining)
- good relations with the Czech Republic